Family Picture 09

Family Picture 09

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ty wins Pinewood Derby

This was one happy boy!!! The pinewood derby is quite a thing as most of you with scout age boys will know and Ty won this year. I have to back up a year to last years pinewood derby in 2008. The pinewood derby last year was held while Matt and I were in Guam visiting Mom and Dad on their mission. So me--feeling guilty that Matt and I wouldn't be there with Tucker and Ty--researched out on-line for ways to make a great car for the boys. I actually even bought a book on how to make a winning pinewood derby car. Well, it paid off because Tucker won last year and Ty won this year. I have to say that Ty was so cute!! They served us popcorn while all the cars were being raced and Ty was sitting on the very edge of his seat during this whole time shoveling popcorn in his mouth with his knees and feet just a bouncing with excitement and I'm sure a bit of nervousness.


Ty racing Logan Archibald, one of his very good friends, for first place in the pinewood derby.



No comments:

Post a Comment